5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:5-7)
In our lives, we often find ourselves torn between the familiar comforts of our routines and the pursuit of true peace. It can be challenging to step out of our comfort zones and embrace the unknown. However, as we embark on a journey of extraordinary faith, we discover that true peace can be found even in the midst of discomfort. Today, I want to share my personal story of finding peace in the uncomfortable and the lessons I learned in the process.
For the last several weeks, I have been at war with my thoughts. I found myself torn between the things that make me comfortable but don't provide peace and the things that bring me peace but don't necessarily make me feel comfortable. It was a constant battle within me, and I felt stuck in a cycle of settling for mediocrity.
During this time, I noticed a pattern in my decision-making process. I repeatedly faced opportunities to make significant choices, but each time I opted for the familiar, accepting a mediocre outcome. It was as if I was content with a C+ grade when an A was within reach. I realized that this pattern was hindering my growth and preventing me from experiencing true peace.
However, amidst the frustration, I heard a gentle voice speaking to my heart - the voice of God. He reminded me of His promise: "I will never leave you or forsake you." Those words brought comfort and encouragement. I began to understand that true peace does not come from external circumstances, but from a deep trust in God's presence and guidance.
With this understanding, I made a decision to embrace extraordinary faith. I chose not to settle for comfort but to step up and pursue the extraordinary. It was a daunting task, and fear tried to hold me back, but I held onto the assurance that God would be with me every step of the way.
Throughout this journey, I faced pressure and discomfort. There were moments when I wanted to back down, to retreat to my comfort zone. But I remembered that true peace is not found in avoiding discomfort; it comes from surrendering to God's will and trusting His plans for my life. I realized that by refusing to back down, I was opening myself up to growth, transformation, and a deeper experience of God's peace.
1. Acknowledge the Battle Within: Recognize the struggle between comfort and true peace in your life. Be honest with yourself about the patterns and areas where you settle for less.
2. Seek God's Voice: Listen for the voice of God amidst the chaos. His words of assurance and faithfulness will bring you comfort and guidance.
3. Embrace Extraordinary Faith: Step out of your comfort zone and trust that God's plans for you are greater than you can imagine. Allow your faith to rise and propel you forward.
4. Refuse to Back Down: In the face of pressure and discomfort, choose not to retreat. Embrace the challenges as opportunities for growth and transformation.
5. Deal with your Trust Issues: In our journey, it's crucial to examine what we place our trust in. Are we relying on our own logic, finances, or circumstances? If your trust is In everything but God, you may have some serious trust issues. True peace enables us to find comfort in God even when the path feels uncomfortable. After all, why would we need peace that surpasses all understanding if everything made perfect sense? Let us remember the words of Isaiah 26:3: "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." When we shift our focus from our circumstances to God, that's when we can truly experience a peace that transcends any situation we may face.
As you navigate your own journey, remember that the peace of God surpasses all understanding. Lean into His faithfulness. Embrace the discomfort, hold onto extraordinary faith, and refuse to back down. May you find true peace as you begin to trust God's plans for your life.
Don't forget to register for our virtual refresher happening Thursday, July 27th and Save the Date for the next TEA Party happening in Atlanta on Saturday, September 30th.